- Porkapalooza is a KCBS-sanctioned competition. If you have not already done so, familiarize yourself with the competition rules prior to applying. A BBQ team information guide will be made available for further reference.
- Porkapalooza is a two-day festival with an optional category on Saturday and traditional KCBS categories (Chicken, Ribs, Pork, Beef Brisket) on Sunday. KCBS categories are not optional, and all teams must compete in all KCBS categories.
- Most competitors arrive on-site for set-up on Friday evening or early Saturday morning and will be asked to remain on-site until Sunday evening when the public festival hours have ended.
- While Porkapalooza is a barbeque festival first, we invite members of the general public to attend. Many of our guests are interested in learning more about competition barbeque, and teams are encouraged to interact with guests in a friendly manner.
- In previous years, Porkapalooza has attracted protesters. All members of the public are welcome at Porkapalooza, but because the festival takes place on private property, festival organizers reserve the right to remove any guest at any time. Teams are explicitly instructed not to engage with any individuals protesting on public property outside the festival grounds. If you encounter any issues with protestors inside the festival grounds, please notify a festival organizer immediately.
- If you love to have fun and hang out with great people while smoking delicious meat, Porkapalooza could be the right fit for you!
|Team name||Origin||Team name||Origin|
|1908 BBQ||Wainwright, AB||Grizzly Paw Smokers||Edmonton, AB|
|403 BBQ Co.||Red Deer, AB||Hogparts School of Smokecraft and Brew’ery||Airdrie, AB|
|Always Smoked Barbecue||Edmonton, AB||Meat Sweats BBQ AB||Manning, AB|
|BBQ Team NAIT||Edmonton, AB||Motley Que||Edmonton, AB|
|Bigg Smoak BBQ||Richer, MB||Pathfinder BBQ||Edmonton, AB|
|BK BBQ||Didsbury, AB||Prairie Smoke & Spice||Pilot Butte, SK|
|Didy Smoke It?||Acadia Valley, AB||Rocky Mountain Smokers||Calgary, AB|
|Dos Smokin Bros||Langdon, AB||SmellaQue||Calgary, AB|
|Dr. Frankenswine||Edmonton, AB||Smokehouse BBQ Crew||Leduc, AB|
|Eggmonton Stogie Smokers||Edmonton, AB||Smokin’ Hot Butts||Camrose, AB|
|Frozen Toque BBQ||Beaumont, AB||Trailer Pork Boys||St. Albert, AB|
|Getting’ Sauced BBQ||Bassano, AB||You Need A BBQ||Sherwood Park, AB|
Judge applications are done being accepted for the seventh Porkapalooza BBQ Festival. Thanks to everyone who applied!
Judges will be required for the Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS) competition taking place on May 30, 2021.
Only KCBS-qualified Certified Barbeque Judges and Table Captains may participate in KCBS-sanctioned competitions worldwide, including Porkapalooza.