- Porkapalooza is sanctioned by the Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS). Site regulations and KCBS COVID-19 protocols are available for all participating teams.
- Porkapalooza includes an optional cooking challenge on Saturday and traditional KCBS categories (Chicken, Ribs, Pork, Beef Brisket) on Sunday. KCBS categories are not optional, and all teams must compete in all KCBS categories.
- Most competitors arrive on-site for set-up on Friday evening or early Saturday morning and will be asked to remain on-site until Sunday evening when the competition results have been compiled.
- In previous years, Porkapalooza has attracted protesters. Because the competition takes place on private property, organizers reserve the right to remove any individual at any time. Teams are explicitly instructed not to engage with any individuals protesting on public property outside of the competition site. If you encounter any issues with protestors, please notify an organizer immediately.
- If you love to have fun and hang out while smoking delicious meat, Porkapalooza could be the right fit for you!
|1908 BBQ||Wainwright, AB|
|403 BBQ Co.||Red Deer, AB|
|BK BBQ||Didsbury, AB|
|Bordertown Bar-B-Que||Lloydminster, AB|
|Brisket Butts||Edmonton, AB|
|Didy Smoke It?||Acadia Valley, AB|
|Dr. Frankenswine||Edmonton, AB|
|Eggmonton Stogie Smokers||Edmonton, AB|
|Frozen Toque BBQ||Beaumont, AB|
|Gettin’ Sauced BBQ||Bassano, AB|
|Grizzly Paw Smokers||Edmonton, AB|
|Hogparts School of Smokecraft and Brew’ery||Airdrie, AB|
|Home Cookin BBQ||Redcliff, AB|
|Homestead Smoke Shack BBQ||Colgate, SK|
|Meat Sweats BBQ AB||Manning, AB|
|Motley Que||Edmonton, AB|
|Pathfinder BBQ||Edmonton, AB|
|Pork: The One You Love||Edmonton, AB|
|Rocky Mountain Smokers||Calgary, AB|
|Smoke and Sizzle||Stony Plain, AB|
|Smokehouse BBQ Crew||Leduc, AB|
|Smokin’ Hot Butts||Camrose, AB|
|The Notorious PIG||Calgary, AB|
|You Need A BBQ||Sherwood Park, AB|
Judges are required for the Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS) competition taking place on August 15, 2021. All judging positions are currently occupied, and applications are no longer being accepted.
Only KCBS-qualified Certified Barbeque Judges and Table Captains may participate in KCBS-sanctioned competitions worldwide, including Porkapalooza.