- Porkapalooza is a KCBS-sanctioned competition. If you have not already done so, familiarize yourself with the competition rules prior to applying. Site regulations and KCBS COVID-19 protocols are privately available for all authorized personnel.
- Porkapalooza includes an optional cooking challenge on Saturday and traditional KCBS categories (Chicken, Ribs, Pork, Beef Brisket) on Sunday. KCBS categories are not optional, and all teams must compete in all KCBS categories.
- Most competitors arrive on-site for set-up on Friday evening or early Saturday morning and will be asked to remain on-site until Sunday evening when the competition results have been compiled.
- In previous years, Porkapalooza has attracted protesters. Because the competition takes place on private property, organizers reserve the right to remove any individual at any time. Teams are explicitly instructed not to engage with any individuals protesting on public property outside of the competition site. If you encounter any issues with protestors, please notify an organizer immediately.
- If you love to have fun and hang out while smoking delicious meat, Porkapalooza could be the right fit for you!
|Team name||Origin||Team name||Origin|
|1908 BBQ||Wainwright, AB||Hogparts School of Smokecraft and Brew’ery||Airdrie, AB|
|403 BBQ Co.||Red Deer, AB||Meat Sweats BBQ AB||Manning, AB|
|Always Smoked Barbecue||Edmonton, AB||Motley Que||Edmonton, AB|
|BBQ Team NAIT||Edmonton, AB||Pathfinder BBQ||Edmonton, AB|
|Bigg Smoak BBQ||Richer, MB||Pork: The One You Love||Edmonton, AB|
|BK BBQ||Didsbury, AB||Prairie Smoke & Spice||Pilot Butte, SK|
|Didy Smoke It?||Acadia Valley, AB||Rocky Mountain Smokers||Calgary, AB|
|Dos Smokin Bros||Langdon, AB||SmellaQue||Calgary, AB|
|Dr. Frankenswine||Edmonton, AB||Smoke and Sizzle||Edmonton, AB|
|Eggmonton Stogie Smokers||Edmonton, AB||Smokehouse BBQ Crew||Leduc, AB|
|Frozen Toque BBQ||Beaumont, AB||Smokin’ Hot Butts||Camrose, AB|
|Getting’ Sauced BBQ||Bassano, AB||Trailer Pork Boys||St. Albert, AB|
|Grizzly Paw Smokers||Edmonton, AB||You Need A BBQ||Sherwood Park, AB|
Judge applications are done being accepted for the seventh Porkapalooza BBQ Festival. Thanks to everyone who applied!
Judges will be required for the Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS) competition taking place on May 30, 2021.
Only KCBS-qualified Certified Barbeque Judges and Table Captains may participate in KCBS-sanctioned competitions worldwide, including Porkapalooza.