Food Demonstration Stage
Hosted by Taste Alberta, the Food Demonstration Stage gives everyone of all ages the opportunity to learn all about the culinary art of BBQ from true BBQ masters themselves.
Join some of our favorite chefs for a fun and educational experience in the food demonstration stage! We teach guests about the importance of quality BBQ and meat cuts, various cooking methods for different cuts, and guidelines on how to prepare the perfect BBQ dish at home.
Get ready to learn about BBQ!
This year’s lineup includes:
Saturday, June 16
- 1 p.m.: Girls on the Grill by Taste Alberta
- 1:45 p.m.: Champion Grilling by Brady Weiler
- 2:15 p.m.: Cedar Planking by Brian Misko
- 3 p.m.: Rubs, Sauces & Chicken 10 Ways by Stu White of Red Head Condiments
- 3:45 p.m.: BBQ Bevies by Hansen Distillery
- 4:30 p.m.: Date Night Grilling by Sharman and the Spaniard
Sunday, June 17
- 12:45 p.m.: Mexican Style BBQ by Victor Hugo
- 1:30 p.m.: Beans and BBQ by Linsday Porter
- 2:15 p.m.: Mediterranean Style Grilling by John Billiau
- 3 p.m.: Grill With Your Kids by Elyse Chatterton
- 3:45 p.m.: Champion Grilling by Brian Misko
Featured chef: Brian Misko
The House of Q story all starts with BBQ Brian Misko. Brian worked with a software company by day and cooked his heart out on evenings and weekends way back in 2004. Soon enough, Brian began to earn accolades, competition BBQ awards and media attention. Those were House of Q’s early days.
Today, Brian is an award-winning BBQ sauce and spice creator, BBQ teacher, and public speaker with House of Q, based in Vancouver. A decade-long list of credentials and a top-selling cookbook, Grilling With House of Q, round out his accomplishments.